Friday, February 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Things to Know

Today, I wanted to try something new for From the Ashes in an effort to increase the readership as well as decrease some of the stigma attached to talking about dishonesty in marriage and working towards staying together.

So, today I am joining in 7 Quick Takes, hosted by Conversion Diary. Here we go!



7 Things to Know About From the Ashes:


-1-
From the Ashes is a blog that is set up for those among us that have experienced dishonesty in their marriage, and are seeking to heal their marriage. When I went through the experience of discovering my husband had multiple affairs and a sex addiction, I found very few places online that did not blame the spouse that did not cheat and that focused on healing the marriage versus divorce. I wanted to create a space to talk about these sort of issues in a way that is consistent with Catholic teachings on marriage.
-2-
From the Ashes is anonymous, and is open to anonymous comments and anonymous guest posters. What I needed to see most in the aftermath of my discovery, was that others could empathize and I was not alone. If you would like to write a post for From the Ashes, please email me at fromtheashes2012@gmail.com.
-3-
There is a very small Facebook group set up so that you can easily receive blog updates. Readers have liked the ease of this method in sharing a post with loved ones that may find comfort in the posts here.
-4-
I am not a counselor of any sort. Just a devoted Catholic woman that wanted to share my story. My husband and I went through a terrible time and are still committed to our marriage.
-5-
If you have experienced sexual dishonesty in your marriage, please know that you are not alone, and that my prayers are with you. There is no set amount of time to heal. 
-6-
I invite you to share this page with others! Please contact me privately or in the comments section with questions if you have any.
-7-
Here is a link to the first post written for From the Ashes. 

Thank you for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment