Friday, October 19, 2012

An Introduction

I am creating this blog anonymously. No, my name is not really Sally Ash. Under pretty much any other circumstances, I would have held no reservations in talking openly about my life. Let me tell you why I chose to stay anonymous.

Nearly two years ago, I discovered that my husband was having an affair. We have spent a great deal of time rebuilding "from the ashes". It came close to destroying our marriage. When I began looking for support, I had several trusted friends, and the priest the performed our marriage ceremony to fall back on, but no one that been through what we had been through, and certainly no one that chose to stay in the marriage. I turned to the vast resources online. I specifically wanted Catholic resources on the subject and found very little. I found Catholic forums and posted questions that sat unanswered. It was a subject no one seemed to want to talk about.

Fast forward to now. Things are finally healing, and I do not think about it daily. I do, however, think about how desparately I needed to hear/see/read about someone that faced it head on and came out the other end with their marriage intact and their faith renewed.

This blog is not an excuse to relive sordid details. I want to provide a place for those that face life's rather hideous trials to vent, but also create a community so that those that have experienced can show those for whom it is fresh that it does get better.

I do not wish to do harm to those involved with my experience. Therefore, I create this space anonymously.

If you have a story you would like to share, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to email me at fromtheashes2012@gmail.com

I look forward to building this community!

No comments:

Post a Comment